japners bangbroes com - Newquay mature dating
Growth of the town eastwards soon reached the area around the railway station: Station Road became Cliff Road around 1930, and the houses beyond, along Narrowcliff, were also converted into hotels.
Narrowcliff was first known as Narrowcliff Promenade, and then Narrowcliff Road. At the time of the First World War the last buildings at the edge of the town were a little further along present-day Narrowcliff, including the Hotel Edgecumbe.
" to call out the fishing fleet when pilchard shoals were spotted. The real pilchards now only survive in limited stocks, but a small number of boats still catch the local edible crabs and lobsters.
More recent development has been on a larger scale: until the late 1960s a passenger arriving by train would not have seen a building by the line (with the exception of Trencreek village) until the Trenance Viaduct was reached.
A mansion called the Tower was built for the Molesworth family in 1835: it included a castellated tower and a private chapel as they were devout Roman Catholics. After the arrival of passenger trains in 1876, the former fishing village started to grow.